Step-by-step, you’ll learn to use natural light to create a dark and dramatic portrait. Add depth and an Old Master’s painterly feel to your photography work, with an incredible tutorial and set of tools for your use.
- Using ACR in building a preliminary edit
- Using ACR for selective areas such as brushes and vignettes
- Best practices for using JD QuickFlow Actions & Tints
- Best practices for using JD Freckle Enhancement Brush
- How I retouch skin, including color corrections and adding a glow
- How I brighten and add detail to eyes
- How I shape light and shadow
- Adding a texture to darken an image in a painterly way
- Cloning & Healing Brush
- Creating Dramatic Light
This tutorial is best for those who, at a minimum, are intermediate to advanced Photoshop users with a basic understanding of masks, layers, and adjustment layers. This tutorial demonstrates an edit in Photoshop CC, 2017. To follow along completely, it is recommended you have the Adobe Camera Raw filter built into your Photoshop (CS6+). The actions included will work in Adobe CS 2-6, Adobe Creative Cloud. The texture included will work in Adobe CS 2-6, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe PSE 11+, and editing programs like GIMP that allow jpegs to be used as separate layers.
This product is not compatible with Lightroom. Please make sure you’ve chosen your products carefully. Due to the nature of this product it is not possible to offer refunds.
Helga Jackson –
Amazing product – educational and with all the tools necessary to achieve this look. Easy to follow steps!